Wednesday 25 April 2012


“The Moment I Wake Up
Before I Put On My Make Up
I Say A Little Pray…”

and then some coffee.

For awhile now, I’ve been trying to find my blog “voice”.
Hey…cyber space is full of blogs.
We all know that.
Blogsphere is jam packed.
Crowded.
Everyone and everyone’s grandmother has a blog.
This.
That.
And the other.
Yadda, yadda, & more yadda.
But substance?
Rare.
Bored?
Yes!
So…I’m still trying to find that platform to give voice
 to what endears me.
And they are…

People.

Design.

Food.

Fashion.

Travel.
And...

Generosity of Spirit.

Vision. Concept. Ideas.
What gives?
At the end of it all…
enjoy perusing,
as I enjoy sharing.

Oslo, April 2012


 
…his hand is in the details.

How lucky was I, to be invited to Melvin’s birthday party recently.
To be part of this special occasion means a lot.
After all, you don’t turn
another year
everyday.
In this day and age, only the dearest and nearest need apply.


Precious is time.

It’s been a while since I’ve been to his apartment.
The last time I was there, it was New Years Eve.
Many many moons ago.
It was pot luck dinner. I made Beef Curry.
Don’t ask!
Charming.

The building dates back to the 18 hundreds.
Patina and age was evident everywhere.
This cannot be re created.
Time makes.
Time creates.
Time shows.
Ventilation?
Old wood...
If walls could speak.


When the door opened,
I knew immediately that it would be a fun afternoon.
To be there for the party and also the opportunity to take photos of all the quirky
FUN
details
around the apartment.
And so many smart
“why-did-I-not think-of that”
details.


Sometimes, the simplest ideas are the hardest to come about.

Melvin is s SUPER NICE GUY.
Always in a good mood.
Never sulking.
Taking an interest in everything challenging.
And most of all…remembering.
Yes.
This all-important word.
Remembering.
His apartment is not huge by any means but all artistically arranged as if awaiting to be photographed by…


some slick glossy “cocoon” journal.


So here I am, clicking away in the midst of conversation, warm company & great food.


Lena’s home baked carrot cake with
out-of-this-world
frosting!

A glass of wine wouldn’t hurt…

The Norwegians do “casual” really well.
 It all appears effortless.
With a touch of  
“Nordic Style”
that’s difficult to define.


Yet, it’s there.


And there.

So have a seat & …

“ I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride…”
… a cabinet of curiosity.
Hang Men.
Cool...
Dudes.
As it is.
...hmmm.



Casually strewn with a shrewd eye.

Or a calculated touch.

You know the host has got
it all figured out
when
all the guests are as relaxed as can be.
Wanting little else but to be in
each others company.

Time for a change?

Did Mamma tell you so?
Don’t look at us honey…we’re innocent!

Nature’s way of telling us…

You can’t undo what’s done.

But we’ll give it a go, and another go?
By then,
you’ll
“have feathers in her hair, and a dress cut down to there…”
By the way, what time is it?

We’re all adults right?
Liza would approve.

Otherwise…
“Walk On By
Foolish pride
Is all that I have left
So let me hide…”
…behind these cushions !
Or drive faraway.
Or file it up and let live!
But I’m only a pig?
Oh no!
“And the answers are all up to me
Give me one moment in time
When I’m racing with destiny
Then in that one moment of time
I will feel
I will feel eternity!”

Meanwhile, at Bjorn’s next door…
A familiar face.
A touch here…
…a touch there.
You know you’re in Scandinavia.
“It’s a little bit funny
This feeling inside…”
Did you see that?
And that?
It ain’t no coincidence honey!
But mamma told me not to talk
to strangers!
Quick!
Let’s get back to Melvin’s place.
Coffee anyone?
Melvin is one cool dude.
I just hope it won’t be long till
I’m invited back.
He has a sense of humor.
He’s well read or reads well.
Has a strong sense of style.
This say’s it all!

Thanks
for
a great afternoon
Melvin !!!